Thursday, 27 November 2014

Girl Online

Hello world!

My name is Hanna and i have decided to start a blog.
I have wanted to do this for a while but have never known what to blog about, but recently, as you probably already know Zoe Sugg aka Zoella has just released her first novel, Girl Online.

I decided that this was the right time and so i thought i would do a review on the novel.




First off the cover, oh the cover! 
It has to be one of the prettiest covers I have seen this year!
Don't you agree?
I love it!
The font is lovely and the fairy lights in the background really pull the whole thing together, especially as they are mentioned in the book, i love the fact that there are photos on the cover as well because Penny, the main character loves photography. One year ago she decided to start an online blog, which has gradually increased in popularity, the catch, its an anomalous blog. She calls herself 'Online Girl'

Second, the storyline is amazing! It is about a red-haired teen girl misfit from Brighton who is obsessed with photography. In her everyday life she deals with anxiety, fake-friends, embarrassing moments and teenage crushes.
When she gets the chance to go to New York with her family to plan a Downton Abbey themed wedding (I love downtown!) she is ambivalent as she dislikes the idea of being in a plane for 6 hours. However, after a very embarrassing accident in during the school play she eventually decides to go.
Along with her best friend and next door neighbour, Elliot, her mother and her father, she heads to New York.
She ends up meeting Noah, a gorgeous, 'Rock-God-tastic' boy who helps her control her panic attacks and she ends up falling head-over-heals in love. 
Obviously she blogs about her adventures with Noah and under the alias 'Brooklin boy'.
Penny and Noah decide to keep in touch after Penny returns to Brighton, however on her return she is informed that Noah is actually an actually Rock Star who apparently has a girlfriend!

I don't want to give any more away about the storyline because I don't want to ruin Girl Online for anyone who has not already read it.

The characters are all so lovely and relatable, Penny especially, as she is a normal teenage girl, who suffers from things that so many of us do. 
Elliot is the typical, fun, gay best friend. Not in a bad way though! He seems like an amazing best friend who would be there for you through anything, as you find out throughout the novel.
Noah is a drop-dead gorgeous boy, who seems so down to earth and has obviously been through so much in his 18 years.
Bella, Noah's 4 year old little sister appears to be an adorable, friendly little thing who is easy to love.

Zoe really has brought the characters to life. 

I read the whole book in one sitting; reading right through the night, although this is a common occurrence for me!

I really love the way 'Girl Online' is written as well. I really like that Zoe has written blog posts in the book, and the text messages are a really fun idea.

Overall, I would highly recommend this book. I thoroughly enjoyed it and will be getting it for many of my friends for Christmas!

I would give this book 10/10. I cannot find many faults at all!

I am looking forward to Zoe's next novel.

xoxo

I hope you enjoyed this review…if anyone is even reading this!
Leave a comment down below telling what you think!!

You can buy Girl Online from many online retailers. Here is the link to where you can get it on Amazon. (UK)

No comments:

Post a Comment